Thursday, December 16, 2010

"You've got Mail"

I am absolutely in love with this movie. Every time I watch it I still awww at all the right parts. Tom Hanks is such a great actor; I mean really he's gold. I just wish he were in more films now-a-days. Like "Big" - Amazing "Castaway" -Great. Of course I love his recent films "Angels and Demons" and such but I want to see him in another romance. :) Meg Ryan is another great actor of the previous generation. One of my favorite quotes:

 “I turn on my computer. I wait patiently as it connects. I go online. My breath catches in my chest until I hear 3 little words, "You've got mail." I hear nothing, not a sound on the streets of New York. Just the beat of my own heart. I have mail...from you." 




I always grin like a fool at the end when they finally meet at the park saying "I wished it was you" <3


Snow today. 4 inches. People went nuts. The CO let everyone in the command go a tad before noon which resulted in a madhouse because the entire base had done the exact same thing. Lines were backing up every gate, all the roads, one accident at one of the gates turned into three. Insane. I sat in traffic for over an hour when I live 10 minutes away from the base. It wasn't even a blizzard. I just don't get it.

In terms of writing right now I think I am going to work on something new-fresh. Give my mind a break and read all the books I've been holding onto all of November waiting eagerly to read. Just finished "Bloodfever" by Karen Marie Moning. Seems I'm behind on that series, the 5th book in the series comes out next month. Totally loving the character Jericho Barrons. He's rude, mysterious, pretentious and a giant jerk sometimes but it has it's pull? Today I just started another Brenda Joyce novel, one of her books from "The Masters of Time" series. The first one I read pissed me off. The main character was way too annoying. Following around the Wolf of Awe despite him telling her adamantly to go away. She kept following him around after just meeting him claiming she was in love with him. The whole time I kept screaming in my head "Oh please. Stop throwing yourself at this man when it's obvious he doesn't want you around get some dignity" It was really hard to even finish the book. I'm just not into weak willed characters. Or weak women. Meh. 

My son's fussing....gotta go!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I have a soft spot for You've Got Mail and Sleepless In Seattle, too. They're just cute and feel-goody flicks :)

    ReplyDelete